Imagine you’re at a party and you’re asked “what do you do?” you replied with your job title and walked away.
You wouldn’t really.
You would add a little more to keep the conversation going, to get them to like you and to find common ground so the conversation becomes easier. They want to talk more. Maybe where you worked or what you did for people.
I came across this a few years ago and it really made me think about what I did for people.
Our To doo this week is to read Ana Hoffman’s article and transform your introduction so you stand out in a busy market.
Don’t make it a waste of space – your LinkedIn headline:-
· Take a pen to paper or fingers to keys.
· Think about the type of client you like working with or the sector you love working in.
· Draw up a list of what you do for them.
· Add words like ‘helping, supporting, increasing, reducing, transforming, improving, changing or any benefit word that makes a difference.
· Shorten your sentence as much as you can to create a killer introduction using Ana’s examples.
· Drop the sentence into something like this to get a character count (160) https://www.lettercount.com/
· Then go change your LinkedIn headline and party on!
Extra To doo!
I change mine sometimes. I know for instance marketing plans get thought about in November so last year l changed it to reflect the exciting New Year coming up.
Chartered Marketer and founder of Doo – working with Directors and Business Owners on marketing strategy, planning and getting these done to grow their business.
Chartered Marketer and founder of Doo helping Directors and Business Owners with marketing plans to grow their business in 2018.
Why not? I wanted to get noticed and get them thinking “I could do with that”. And they did!
You have 160 characters to create a LinkedIn Headline, why waste it on just your job title.
If you need help creating a cracking LinkedIn headline, book a Maximising LinkedIn 121 Training Session with me to do your whole profile. As well as learning great tips to connect with your target market, create a content strategy to get noticed and become a LinkedIn pro. Book in 0113 869 0107 and we’ll go through it all with you.